Sunday, July 27, 2008

Been a while....

Wow, so sorry for the delay! It's been a crazy couple of weeks. I'm going to run through it quickly, but I only have a bit of time, so I apologize.

I left Patna on a day with flooding waist deep! We waded to get a taxi from a higher area carrying our bags on our heads!

I spent the day in Delhi, which was fun.

Flew back to Europe which I'll run through in a few sentences.

Amsterdam
-fun but I got sick from the western food after the month in India

Paris
-fun but again I got sick from the food. the Eiffel tower is gorgeous at night, and I love the musee d'orsee. made friends with people from toronto, australia, madagascar and more.

Grenoble, France
-beautiful. made me miss the mountains, so i went to switzerland next. hung out with some local french kids at a music festival though, which was cool

Bern, Switzerland
-cool ogre fountain eating babies. made a new zealander friend

Gimmelwald, Switzerland (near interlaken)
-AMAZING. Hostel with a hot tub under the mountains and hiking was so awesome there. I stayed an extra day. went hiking with some sisters from chicago who i wore completely out by the end of the day since I wanted to hike more and more.

Bologna, Italy
-cool to see the KE stuff. hung out with some italian people my age who spoke no english. fun time though

Venice, Italy
-got lost a lot, had a picnic by a canal, made a new australian friend, spanish friend and ecuadorian friend

Vienna, Austria
-saw the freud museum (cool) and wandered around. im about to go eat what is apparently the best chocolate cake in the world. I'll let you know.

After Vienna, I go to Salzburg, then munich, then I leave for Ghana on July 31.
I'll try to upload some pictures tomorrow or tonight from salzburg. I just ran out of memory cards, so I have to get more. (I've used up 12gb worth....thats over 4000 pictures).

3 comments:

Jesse said...

awesome. can't wait to see pics!

Unknown said...

great update!
That'll teach you to eat western food...
Hope you have addresses for all these new friends for your next European tour. Also keep the addresses of the best hostels, restaurants and sites so your sibs and cousins and friends don't have to re-invent the wheel.
Send home your pix so they don't get lost stolen or drenched.
Cool that you saw the origins of Kappa Sig in Bologna.
You have an extra day - flight leaves Vienna 8/1 at 10:30 am (to Accra via Cairo).

Love you,
Mom

-D said...

Great itinerary...Great descriptions!
Gimmelwald looks absolutely amazing!

http://www.gimmelwald.com

Thanks for taking the time to write such terrific entries! -D